Ian R. McIlroy
Ian McIlroy has been proudly practicing law for over a decade. Having represented a diverse array of clients over the years – from large multinational banking institutions to elderly individuals living on a fixed income – Ian always strives to tailor his practice to the individualized needs of his clients.
With Kane, Wilburn & Stone, Ian primarily concentrates his practice in the following areas of law:
- Family law, including divorce, alimony, marital property distribution, child custody, child support, prenuptial and postnuptial (separation) agreements, enforcement and post-divorce matters
- Estate planning, including financial and medical powers of attorney, wills, trusts, and probate matters
- Civil litigation and appeals
- Business, commercial, and contract law
Active in the local legal community beyond the courtroom, Ian has served on the Board of Directors for the Bar Association for Washington County, Maryland since 2014. He is currently serving his second term as Secretary of the Board.
Born in Baltimore, Maryland and raised in nearby Charles Town, West Virginia, Ian graduated summa cum laude from Washington and Lee University in 2004 with a B.A. in Economics and Politics. In 2008, he earned his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he was both a Chancellor’s Law Scholar and a student representative on the Honor Council.
When not in court or at the office, Ian enjoys watching football and soccer, entering local trivia competitions, and, most of all, spending time with his son.
- Maryland, 2012
- Florida, 2009
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2011
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2011
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee, J.D., 2008
- Washington & Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, B.A., summa cum laude, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Washington County, Maryland - Board Member, 2014 to Present
- Bar Association of Washington County, Maryland - Board Secretary, 2018 to Present
- Maryland State Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Washington & Lee University Alumni Association, Cumberland Valley Chapter - Chapter President, 2018 to Present